Mahé is the largest island and cultural and commercial centre and the seat of Government of the Inner Islands.
The island of Mahé is home to the international airport and the nation’s capital, Victoria. 90% of the total population (or approximately 72,200 people) live here.
Seychelles has a diverse ethnicity and descent from African, Indian, Chinese and European populations
Mahé Islands Seychelles: Accommodation
- Banyan Tree Seychelles is located in Intendance Bay along the southern western coastline of Mahé.
- The resort has direct access to the beach and offers luxuriously furnished villas overlooking the Indian Ocean.
- Guests can relax around the infinity pool, sunbath or enjoy a range of activities such as mountain biking, snorkeling, and canoeing.
Mahé Islands Seychelles: What Attractions
Mahé is an extraordinary treasure trove of flora that has evolved over centuries of splendid solitary. Rare endemic plants found nowhere else in the world adorn Mahé’s mist forests in mountain strongholds, such as the Jellyfish Tree, the carnivorous Seychelles Pitcher Plant and the Seychelles Vanilla Orchid.
Mahé Islands Seychelles: What Activities
- Island Hopping possibilities : Aldabra Atoll, Alphonse, Anonyme, Bird Island, Cerf, Cousine, Denis Island, Desroches, Félicité, Frégate, La Digue, Moyenne, North Island, Praslin, Silhouette, Ste. Anne
- water sports, boating and cruise and Hiking and trekking
Mahé Islands Seychelles: Best time to visit
- All year round
Mahé Islands Seychelles: Where to stay
- Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Beach Resort set on the Mahé north coast and has a fantastic location