Saadani Game Reserve is in the middle of the historic triangle of Bagamoyo, Pangani and Zanzibar and one of the few wildlife protected area the Indian Ocean beachfront.
The unique park is a combination of both marine and mainland flora and fauna in a historically and culturally fascinating arena.
Saadani National Park: What Game
- About 30 species of larger mammals are present as well as numerous reptiles and birds.
- Many species of fish, Green turtles, Humpback whales and dolphins in the ocean.
- Wild animals such as Hartebeest, Waterbuck, Bohor Reedbuck, Giraffe, several Duiker species, Warthogs.
- Predators such as the Lion are found here.
- Groups of hippos, Nile crocodiles while the Wami River is a good place for watching birds such as kingfishers, fish eagles and many species of wading birds.
Saadani National Park: What Activities
- Game drives
- Relax on the beach, go on foot safaris or venture up the Wami River by boat, braving waves and hippopotami, past crocodiles and flamingos.
- Saadani National Park: Best time to visit.
- Accessible all year round – April and May are rainy season access roads are sometimes impassable.
- Best game-viewing is in January and February and from June to August
Saadani National Park: Where to stay
- Sanctuary Saadani Safari Lodge
- Sanctuary Saadani River Lodge