Ministry Of Tourism Classification: 04****
The Mara Safari club is set on the ox-bow of Mara River, all tents have their own private footage of the hippo-filled river. The main building is made of natural material that blends with the surrounding – housing the lounge, bar and the dining room, which is cantilevered out over the river.
Mara Safari Club is located north West of masai mara in the “ol-choro oiroua” conservation area at the foot of the “aitong hills” - approximately 275 kms by road and 45 minutes by air from Nairobi and Nanyuki is Served by Ngerende airstrip.
Accommodation The Mara Safari club
Number of Rooms
- 50 tents (42 twins, 08 doubles, include 05 premium tents with sunken baths and each room in this tented accommodation is superbly furnished, four-poster beds and verandas overlooking the hippo-filled river, private bathrooms (hot/cold water) and all en-suite facilities.
Platform for game viewing and private dining
- Dining room has a capacity of 90 seating, in the main building, hewn out of wood beams and glass thus natural light filters in to the high-ceiling spacious room. Evenings softly lit thus cozy.
Lounge & main bar
- décor with African flavour with woven wall hangings and Maasai artifacts, extended veranda adjoins lounge for a superb view of the Mara River. Fire lit every evening and is venue for Maasai dancers, slide shows and lectures.
At the swimming pool in a shaded area is an ideal location for barbecues & lunches.
- Access for the disabled
- Bureau de change and use of credit cards
- Diesel and mechanical services
- Driver/maid accommodation
- Electricity generator
- 220/240 v + 3-point square pin sockets available at the reception
- Family friendly: 2 baby cots are available.
- Free shoe cleaning
- Hair-dryers and adapters available
- Lunch boxes on request
- Medical services
- Radio contact with 4x4s, neighbouring lodges and office in Nairobi.
- Safety deposit boxes
- Secretarial services + telephone and facsimile services
- Curio shop
- Balloon safaris
- Bird walks
- Early morning/mid-morning and evening game viewing drives
- Fishing safari to the nearby Lake Victoria
- Walking safaris
- Wildlife library
- Masai dances
- Slide shows
- Swimming pool
- Table games
- Talks on Maasai culture
- Wildlife videos
- Visit to Maasai villages
Altitude is 1,616 metres (5,300 feet).